Delivery & Returns
- Delivery of Your Products
- We aim to despatch most orders within 1 working day after payment is received. Delivery will in most cases take no more than 5 days, although this will depend on distance from our Sydney warehouse (for example, deliveries to Western Australia or Far North Queensland may take longer). FirstBIKE makes every effort to deliver your order according to the estimated delivery times. The estimated delivery times are in business days (Monday through Friday) excluding public holidays. Although every effort is made to ship your order according to the estimated delivery times provided, estimated ship times may change due to distance, changes in supply or circumstances beyond our control. If your product has not arrived after the estimated delivery time, please contact us by email firstname.lastname@example.org. Unless otherwise agreed by us, we will deliver your products to the address indicated on your Order Confirmation. If no-one is available to take delivery of your products, our carrier will leave a card so you can pick-up your product from your local Post Office. We will use our reasonable efforts to deliver your products to you within the estimated delivery time indicated on your Order Confirmation; however, we do not guarantee that we will deliver within this time frame. Title and risk of loss to all products will pass to you on delivery.
- Consumer Guarantees
- Consumer guarantees apply under the Australian Consumer Law. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions excludes the application of those guarantees. For more information about your rights as a consumer, see the Australian Consumer Law website at http://www.consumerlaw.gov.au. If a Product has a minor defect, we will provide a repair or offer you a replacement or a refund. If a Product has a major defect, you are entitled to: - reject the goods and receive a refund; - reject the goods and receive an identical replacement, or one of similar value if reasonably available; or - keep the goods and receive compensation for the drop in value caused by the problem. If you think that a product is defective you should contact us and a FirstBIKE Customer Service Representative will assist you. A photo may be requested to assist with the assessment of your claim. Where a product is defective and needs to be replaced or repaired return shipping will be arranged at the expense of FirstBIKE. If a product is replaced, your replacement product becomes your property and the returned product becomes our property. When a refund is given, the returned product becomes our property.
- FirstBIKE Warranties
- Dirt Works Australia, of Unit 14/ 51 Owen St, Glendenning, NSW 2761, Australia, offers a lifetime warranty to the original purchaser against defects on FirstBIKE frames and forks, and a 1-year warranty on all other components. You also have consumer guarantees under the Australian Consumer Law (see above). If you believe that a new FirstBIKE product has a defect, you should contact us by email email@example.com. We encourage the notification of claims under this warranty within 90 days by paying for the return of a Product where a claim is notified within that time and we determine that the Product is defective. Where claims are made more than 90 days after delivery, we will require details of the concern along with full details about the way the product has been used before authorising return of the product. Where a product is authorised for return FirstBIKE will pay the cost of returning the product. If you are asked to return a product, follow the instructions given in Returning a Product below. Where a refund is given for a product and the claim is not covered by a consumer guarantee, it may be given as a Refund Credit to Your Account. Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or a refund for a major failure and for compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure. Replacement products are covered by the same FirstBIKE warranty as that applicable to the original product. They are also covered by consumer guarantees (see Consumer Guarantees above).
- Returning a Product
- Returning a product if you change your mind If you change your mind about a purchase or make an incorrect choice, we will provide you with a store credit within 12 months of delivery for unopened products in as-new condition (including packaging). This FirstBIKE policy does not apply if excluded on an individual product listing. This credit does not include delivery costs. Consumer guarantees (see above) apply to all products.
- Return Authorisation Number - Essential
- A Return Authorisation (RA) number is required for replacement products and refunds. Where Customer Service has provisionally determined that a Product is defective, we will issue you with an RA. Products cannot be returned without an RA. The Product should be returned to FirstBIKE within 30 calendar days of the issuance of the RA. Where possible, all products should be packed in the original, unmarked packaging including any accessories, manuals, documentation and registration that shipped with the product. If the accessories are not included, only a partial refund will be applied.
- Organising the Return of Products
- Not 100% satisfied with your purchase? Return it wih a Return Authorisation Number within 12 months of purchase, and as long as the item hasn't been assembled, fitted or used, we're happy to receive it back for a refund. Returned items should be in resaleable condition, i.e., in original packaging with the manufacturer's labels attached. Please don't tape or attach labels directly to the retail packaging. We reserve the right to reject goods which are not returned in accordance with our Returns Policy and we may request that you pay for the shipping of such goods back to you. Our returns policy does not affect your statutory rights. Once we receive your goods, we will inspect and process them within two working days. Refunds will be issued via the same payment method used to purchase the goods. As soon as your return has been processed, we'll email you to let you know. If you haven't received this acknowledgement within 7 days of posting your parcel to us, please Contact Us. Return shipping costs are non-refundable. If the item is being returned as a result of our error, (damaged, defective, incorrectly sent, etc), we'll refund shipping at Australia Post Registered Parcel rates.
- When a Replacement Product is arranged
- A replacement for the same product that you ordered will be shipped to you at our expense after we have received your returned product. The delivery time for the replacement Product will be the same as stated for the original product.
- Some Products - Manufacturer Warranty
- Some third-party products sold through www.firstbike.com.au may be serviced and supported by the manufacturer or supplier. We recognise that customers purchasing some products require a high level of support; therefore we would ask you to contact the manufacturer or supplier for trouble-shooting assistance. If the manufacturer or supplier is unable to assist, and the product is covered by a consumer guarantee, Dirt Works Australia will provide a suitable remedy